Welcome to Lerab Ling.
PLEASE NOTE - The season for the temple visits will reopen:
- Sunday afternoon visits: From 5 April to 1 November from 14h to 17h30.
- Group visits: From Monday to Friday, from 1 March to 31 December.
- Guided Visits upon reservation: during the dates programmed by Lerab Ling.
Please click on the links below for more details.
In one of the most beautiful and natural environments northwest of Montpellier in France, you can find a magnificent temple, which is at the heart of the Tibetan Buddhist Retreat Centre, Lerab Ling. In all aspects, the temple is inspired by the art and architecture of ancient Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in the Himalayas. Inside the temple is a 7-meter high statue of the Buddha as well as many authentic paintings and statues.
To respect and maintain the atmosphere of meditation and retreat, Lerab Ling's temple is only open to the public for:
- Sunday Afternoon visits - On Sunday afternoons only from 2pm to 5pm.
- Guided Visits - Upon reservation only and on specific dates.
- Guided Group Visits - Upon request only (at least 14 days ahead) from Monday to Saturday.
Outside these periods the temple is not opened to visit. However, the Welcome Centre located at the parking is open from Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm (open every day from Monday 1st of April). You will be able to visit our garden and the surroundings of the Temple (free participation) during opening times.
In partnership with